Introduction to Permanent Japan Residence [3]

  1. Family (Dependent) (FD)

Certain other family dependent members of the following Japan visa holders are also eligible for Japan permanent residence: Supporter’s visas (status of residence) of applicant’s spouse or parent are Professors, Artists, Religious workers, Journalists, Highly Skilled Professionals, Business Managers, Attorneys as Law/CPA, Medical Doctors, Researchers, Lecturers, Engineers/Humanities Specialists/Int’l Services, Intra-Company Transferees, Entertainers, Skilled Laborers, Cultural Activists, and college Students. 

Checklist of Forms and Necessary Documents.

Different from that of Immediate Relatives (Introduction to Permanent Japan Residence [2]+, the applicant must submit a petition that is like an explanatory statement to need a permanent visa at any cost. It includes a family situation, personal history, and your plan to do after getting the permanent visa.

You will need to assemble the following:


□ Form 34: Application for Permanent Residence (in Japanese)

□ One photograph: 40mm long and 30mm broad, taken within 3 months before, clear front face without a hat, white/blue background, your name on the back side, and attach to Form 34

□ Form Guarantee: with guarantor’s signature or seal


□ Document certifying the family relationship with the person supporting you (dependant) such as one copy of your family register 戸籍(こせき)謄本(とうほん)(全部(ぜんぶ)事項(じこう)証明書(しょうめいしょ))or one birth certificate 出生(しゅっしょう)証明書(しょうめいしょ) or one marriage certificate 婚姻(こんいん)証明書(しょうめいしょ). Japanese translation needed if the certificate is non-Japanese.

□ One residence certificate including you and your whole family living together 世帯(せたい)全員(ぜんいん)の住民票(じゅうみんひょう) except for your ID number マイナンバー(まいなんばー).

□ You or your supporter’s job certificate:

If you are an employee, one employment certificate from your company.

If you are a self-employed person, one copy of final tax returns from tax office and one copy of business license certificate when needed.

□ You or your supporter’s residence tax certificates: taxation certificates 課税(かぜい)証明書(しょうめいしょ) and tax payment certificates 納税(のうぜい)証明書(しょうめいしょ) for the latest 3 consecutive years from a city/ward office.

□ One photocopy of your passport and passport itself

□ One photocopy of your Residence Card and Residence Card itself

□ Guarantor’s job certificate (refer to ” You or your supporter’s job certificate” above

□ Guarantor’s income certificate 所得(しょとく)証明書(しょうめいしょ)from a city/ward office

□ Guarantor’s residence certificate

(Note) All certificates above are within 3 months before.

□ A certificate of your contribution to Japan if you have, such as awards, thanks letter, decorations, recommendation letters.


メールアドレスが公開されることはありません。 が付いている欄は必須項目です